an even hybrid with high performance.
G22 is suitable for all growing districts, including dryland and irrigation, with very attractive bright orange grain that is a very good grain size. The grain is highly sought-after by the bird seed market because of its appearance. This hybrid is also known for excellent height uniformity producing an even crop with excellent standability. G22 remains an excellent option for cool starts with strong cold tolerance.
Farmers will favour G22's high pollen production, even in adverse weather events (eg. heat, moisture stress or cool conditions at flowering), which helps maximise grain set and reduces the risk of ergot infection. G22 is a moderate tillering hybrid, with the tillers flowering at a similar time as the main head. The hybrid has good glyphosate sprayout dry-down when this herbicide is applied at the correct rate and timing.
- Suitable for all growing environments
- Excellent height uniformity for ease of harvest
- Good option for cool starts
- Excellent standability
- Sought-after by the bird seed market
RECOMMENDED ESTABLISHED PLANT POPULATION
Marginal dryland: 35,000 to 50,000 per ha
Favourable dryland: 55,000 to 75,000 per ha
Irrigation: 95,000 to 120,000 per ha
g22 managment comments
- G22 is well-suited to all sorghum growing areas in Australia
- This hybrid has low to moderate staygreen
- Offers excellent early spring plant vigour so is well suited to early and late plantings
- Excellent stress tolerance
- Good grain size ensures high potential for harvestable yield under most growing conditions
- Excellent height uniformity for easy of harvest
- Highly recommended for early and midseason planting