Pioneer® Seeds Australia Scholarship
Who can Apply?
- The applicant’s residential address must be either regional or remote as defined by the Department of Home Affairs
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate a connection with Pioneer® Seeds Australia
- The applicant must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- The applicant must be undertaking an undergraduate bachelor’s degree in an approved Australian course
- Open to applicants who are completing Year 12 and gap year/s students who are commencing university study for the first time in 2020.
Approved degrees include but are not limited to:
- Agricultural/Rural Science
- Plant Science
- Agricultural Economics
How to Apply
Only complete applications will be processed, so please ensure that you have submitted all required documentation with your application. Although you can not submit your application until you have your University Letter of Offer, you can start to prepare your statement of case and references now.
Applications are to be sent to:
HR & HSE Manager
Phone: 07 46373603
A Statement of Case (1000 words maximum) outlining:
- Commitment to the proposed course/career aspirations
- How the student is connected with Pioneer® Seeds Australia
- How the student will benefit from receiving the scholarship
- Involvement in community and/or leadership activities
University Letter of Offer
References from teachers and/or community groups the student is involved with
Following a review of all applications, short-listed applicants will participate in a Zoom video interview, after which the successful applicants will be selected. Successful applicants will be notified by the end of February 2020.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of their commitment to a career in agriculture, connection with Pioneer® Seeds Australia and leadership potential.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is intended for the nominated course and may not be deferred or transferred.
- If you wish to make any changes to your enrolment you must notify Pioneer® Seeds Australia prior to doing so. If you no longer satisfy the criteria and conditions of the scholarship you may not retain it.
- Failure to meet the conditions of your scholarship may result in you being required to repay any payment already received.
- The scholarship is payable into the recipient’s bank account within one month of the Semester One start date.
- The recipient is required to complete one week of paid work placement each year of the scholarship. Reasonable costs associated with this activity will be covered by Pioneer® Seeds Australia.
- Continuation of the scholarship is subject to:
- Satisfactory academic progress.
- Continuing to maintain eligibility in relation to their enrolment status (eg. Full time, on campus) as stipulated by the Scholarship terms.
- Full time students are expected to complete their course in the minimum period of candidature.
- Fulfilling annual one-week work placement with Pioneer® Seeds Australia.
- Any request to vary the conditions of the scholarship must be made in writing and will be determined at the discretion of Pioneer® Seeds Australia.
- The recipient may be asked to participate in activities to promote this scholarship and Pioneer® Seeds Australia in general, including public speaking, media interviews and photographs.
- Some scholarships may affect other government payments such as Centrelink. It is the recipient’s responsibility to seek advice from the relevant government agency.
- From time to time minor changes may be required to the administrative conditions of this scholarship. If this occurs recipients will be given advanced notice in writing.
- Failure to meet the requirements of these terms and conditions may lead to the termination of the scholarship.
- There will be no commitment by Pioneer® Seeds Australia to employ the recipient on completion of the degree
Acceptance of Conditions
In accepting the Pioneer® Seeds Australia Scholarship, the recipient acknowledges that they have read, understood and accept the terms and conditions outlined above.