higher yield for quicker maturity.
G33 is Pioneer’s leading sorghum hybrid with excellent yield results, making it one of the leading commercial grain sorghum hybrids in Australia.
A shorter hybrid with very good stalk strength means G33 has excellent standability, especially when under stress which will makes it a very attractive option for growers..
G33 has low staygreen levels which enables quick harvest dry-down. The hybrid also offers excellent cold tolerance which makes it a great option for cold starts.
This hybrid has good-sized red grain on a semi-open head type.
- Excellent yield for maturity
- Low staygreen
- Excellent standability
- Mid/quick flowering
- Red grain colour
RECOMMENDED ESTABLISHED PLANT POPULATION
Marginal dryland: 35,000 to 50,000 per ha
Favourable dryland: 55,000 to 75,000 per ha
Irrigation: 85,000 to 120,000 per ha
g33 managEment comments
- G33 is well-suited to all sorghum growing areas in Australia
- This hybrid is a good option for cool starts
- Offers low staygreen for a quicker harvest dry down
- Excellent stress tolerance
- Suits irrigated or dryland farming environments
- A short statured plant with semi-open head type
- Standard spray-out management applies.
- Highly recommended for early or late season planting
Follow this link to learn more about the Sorghum Midge Testing Scheme https://grdc.com.au/archive/the-sorghum-midge-tested-scheme