Tough all-rounder with good yield potential.
Pioneer® brand G44 offers growers a tough all-rounder hybrid option, with excellent drought tolerance combined with very good yield potential.
This hybrid has a short plant height and a semi-open head.
When looking to match your plant population with your available soil moisture and seasonal outlook, G44 is your best choice due to its low to moderate tillering habit.
Growers will be attracted to this hybrid’s excellent standability. G44 also offers large, bright orange grain size.
- Tough all-rounder
- Very good option for cool starts
- Excellent drought tolerance
- Short statured with large head size.
- Excellent standability
RECOMMENDED ESTABLISHED PLANT POPULATION
Marginal dryland: 35,000 TO 55,000 per ha
Favourable dryland: 55,000 TO 88,000 per ha
Irrigation: 88,000 TO 135,000 per ha
g44 management comments
- When looking to match your plant population with your available soil moisture and predicted environmental probability, G44 is best choice due its low to moderate tillering habit.
- This hybrid is a tough all-rounder
- Excellent stress and drought tolerance
- A short statured plant with good grain size ensures high potential for harvestable yield
- Central Queensland preferred planting time is before the end of January
Follow this link to learn more about the Sorghum Midge Testing Scheme https://grdc.com.au/archive/the-sorghum-midge-tested-scheme