Pioneer® Seeds Australia develops and tests our corn maize hybrids in local conditions to ensure they represent the very best crop investment for Australian farmers. Our range of hybrid corn seed for silage offers something for all regions and cropping environments, and there’s always a Pioneer® representative based locally to provide on-farm backup and technical support.
As Australia’s leading hybrid corn seed company with a range of proven corn maize hybrids for sale, we have made a commitment to providing helpful management information to assist local farmers in making optimum profit from our products.
Corn is higher yielding than most other crops grown for silage, making it an ideal choice as a silage crop across Australia’s vast corn growing regions. A highly palatable, energy-rich forage that’s especially well-suited to beef and dairy enterprises, corn contains high levels of energy for body condition and milk production. Also, as corn contains high dry matter, corn silage is the ideal complement to grass-based rations for livestock.
Additional benefits to growing corn as a silage crop include direct harvesting, eliminating the need for in-field wilting, and maintaining a consistent quality over a wide harvest window. With the range of corn silage hybrids for sale at cost-effective prices, farmers can rest assured they can plant the right product for their paddock. All Pioneer® brand hybrids are developed and tested locally to ensure they represent the very best crop investment for Australian farmers.
Compare Corn for Silage Hybrids
Australian farmers can maximise investments in corn silage by:
- Planting a hybrid with high staygreen levels, high grain yield and high total dry matter yield to produce high energy silage
- Planting a hybrid suited to your growing area and time of planting
Pioneer® brand Corn for Silage Hybrids
Outstanding quick hybrid.
Best uses: Feed and grain silage
• Excellent agronomic profile
• Strong early growth and good stress tolerance
• Excellent quality silage with high grain content
• Outstanding grain yield for maturity
A new dual purpose hybrid.
• A new quick season dual purpose hybrid
• Excellent grain yield for maturity, ideal option for grain growers in cooler regions aiming for field dry down
• Excellent staygreen to maximise silage mstarch content
• A key maturity option in the Pioneer corn range providing growers more yield in all conditions
• A tall impressive plant with unmatched silage performance and yield stability
• Combines the best of bulk and energy for maximum milk productivity
• Outstanding dryland adaptability
A new dual purpose hybrid.
• Superior dryland adaptability provides resilience when it’s dry and yield responsiveness with favourable growing conditions
• Delivers outstanding yield stability for grain and silage in all early to mid season production regions
• A tall plant with upright leaves, sound standability and excellent staygreen
High yielding mid-season multi-use hybrid
• A uniquely Australian bred hybrid developed for the processing market with the addition of Imidiazilinone tolerance for better weed control
• High yielding trials have proven this hybrid to perform exceptionally well
• Suitable for irrigation or dryland farming enterprises
• Excellent resistance to Fusarium Ear Rot
• With a combination of excellent stalk strength, staygreen and dryland adaptability makes this hybrid a perfect fit for either a early or late planting window
Benchmark silage and feed grain hybrid across all regions with outstanding silage yield.
Best uses: Feed grain and silage
• Pioneer’s highest yielding feed grain hybrid
• A strong trait combination of stalk strength, dryland adaptability, staygreen and cob rot resistance
• High silage yield while still maintaining high quality
High yielding processing hybrid.
Best uses: Processing hybrid (grit, feed, silage)
• A unique Australian-bred corn developed for processing markets
• Suitable for irrigation or dryland
• Good disease tolerance
• Excellent stalk strength
• High quality grain
• Suited for early or late plant in most regions
Full season silage and coastal grain specialist.
Best uses: Silage and grain
• A tall plant with excellent silage yield
• High tolerance to Northern Leaf Blight
• Exceptional late season plant health
• Suitable for all planting times
• Hard textured, flinty grain
• Ideal for coastal and northern regions as well as high yielding silage production areas
White Corn CRM 114
Top end yield and excellent grain quality from a white grain hybrid.
• Exceptional white grain hybrid now recommended as the best hybrid for the white grain segment
• Tall, erect modern plant type with excellent standability
• Excellent staygreen combined with exceptional late season health for a wide harvest window
• Very good overall disease package: NLB (7), Rust (6), Eyespot (7), Fusarium (6)
• Can be used in silage production as STRIKE trials have proven excellent feed quality from P1477W
What Our Farmers Say About Our Corn For SILAGE Hybrids
"It went well, a lot better than we were expecting it to. It's the best silage we've ever grown, and the result was a combination of the variety and the season coming together to give us that performance. We’ll be growing it again."
"We’ve grown corn for a number of years now,” Mr Tracy said. “We look at grain prices, the weather outlook, our need for fodder and starch and decide on what to plant."
Waratah Bay, VIC
Corn for Silage Farm Profiles
Why are Pioneer® brand hybrid corn seed varieties the choice of farmers right throughout Australia? Hear from local growers in your state and find out how our world-class corn hybrids are empowering growers to achieve more.
Keeping you up-to-date with the best products on the market.
Connect with Pioneer on our social channels for the latest news:
For the most up-to-date information on growing corn and other suitable crops for your region and farming environment, see Pioneer® brand products’ latest corn for silage publications. Access corn for silage hybrid-specific technical insights and a range of variety guides to make the right farm management decisions about the seeds you buy and the crops you grow.
Getting the most out of your farm with FarmCheck™
We have staff located right throughout Australia so you can be sure to secure the best local advice on how to maximize your investment in Pioneer brand hybrid corn seed. Book a FarmCheck™ and discuss your needs with a local Pioneer rep.
Pioneer® brand Corn for Silage - Proven in Australian Conditions
Make informed decisions about the corn hybrids you buy.
All Pioneer® brand seed grown and sold in Australia is rigorously tested for genetic purity in local conditions. New Pioneer® brand hybrids are only introduced once they have proven themselves to be better than what is already commercially available. Choose Pioneer® and plant the right product for your paddock.
With you from the word GO
There is always a local Pioneer® representative nearby to offer assistance and advice.
Our in-field support teams combine expertise in agronomy, farm systems and Pioneer® brand products to provide helpful management information which assists customers in making optimum profits from our products.